The Shun Classic 3-Piece Starter Set includes the three key pieces of cutlery that no kitchen should be without. It starts with the Shun Classic 8-in. Chef's Knife, the do-it-all knife that you'll use any time you cook. The set also includes the 3.5-in. Paring Knife to handle all the small peeling, coring, and trimming tasks. To complete the set, you also get the Shun Classic 6-in. Utility Knife that's perfect for all those in-between tasks. The set comes in a beautiful box suitable for storage or gift-giving.
- Beautiful set includes all the must-have knives to get your Shun collection started
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core is wear and corrosion resistant, strong, and very fine-grained to enable a razor-sharp, long-lasting 16° edge
- 34 layers of stainless Damascus cladding each side (68 total); support the core, add stain resistance, and help food release from the blade
- D-shaped ebony PakkaWood® handles are comfortable for both left- and right-handed users; durable, beautiful, and won't harbor bacteria
- Full composite tang for lightweight and perfect balance
- Handcrafted in Japan
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store the knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.