With the Shun Classic 3-Piece Build-a-Block Set, you can build your own perfect set of Shuns. You get the 6-slot Slimline Bamboo Block, the Classic 8-in. Chef's Knife, and the Classic Combination Honing Steel. The Chef's Knife is the one kitchen knife you can't do without and the honing steel helps maintain your razor-sharp edge, so we've included both with this starter set. But you'll still have four open slots to fill with the Shun Classics that you most want and need for your own personal style of cooking.
- This beautiful set provides key kitchen essentials—with room to grow your collection
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core is wear and corrosion resistant, strong, and very fine-grained to enable a razor-sharp, long-lasting 16° edge
- 34 layers of stainless Damascus cladding each side (68 total); support the core, add stain resistance, and help food release from the blade
- D-shaped ebony PakkaWood® handles are comfortable for both left- and right-handed users; durable, beautiful, and won't harbor bacteria
- Full composite tang for light weight and perfect balance
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store the knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.